Saturday, January 29, 2011

The blogging hiatus

I'm what, a month, back to blogging and I disappear for two weeks.  Totally not my intention when I started this whole deal.  Anyway, Lucy was going through a difficult period lending to not a whole lot of sleep and therefore not a whole lot of patience.  Plus we started disciplining her in a more consistant manner and for at least the first week that didn't go well AT ALL.  But now we are at least getting in the hang of it, so it's going better.  Throw a few eye teeth on top of it and the Norris household has been rather unpleasant.  Oh, and Phil has been working about 60 hours a week, so not a whole lot of help there either.

This month was the 1 year anniversary of Lucy's christening and the perfect time to add a beautiful cross to our home.  If I had a super tall ladder I would have an entire collection in the vaulted area of our living room, but since I don't I have to be aware of my cross purchases.  By the time I went to hang the newest addition I already broke it so no picture until I get it fixed and placed on the wall.  I think crosses are beautiful and the perfect decor for my surroundings.  It helps me on days that I am so overwhelmed or generally agitated to look around and know I have a Higher power that is in charge. 


Coinciding with Lucy's newest difficult self, I found this wall plaque and it just fit perfectly.  It reminds me that God created Lucy perfectly and has great plans for her, so when I am up to my eyeballs due to the lack of sleep and her spirited personality, she is going to do big things through Him. 

This week has gone much better around here, except for the sleeping part, but I'm hoping as the teething part calms down that will as well.  I firmly believe if you have a poor sleeper and that is just their pattern, you can plan and adjust to the middle of the night wake ups and exhaustion but if you have a usually great sleeper at night and then you toss in an intermittent wake up call mid sleep cycle and only every other day, or everyday, then every two days you just can never adjust to that and that leads to crazy, crazy Mom.  At least this Mom!

I hope your week has gone better and that ours continues on the right path.  She is such an amazing little person and totally perfect to me.  How can you be annoyed with someone who wakes up in the middle of the night, somehow finds the remote control amidst the blankets, turns on the tv, and then waits for you to wake up to greet you with "Hi!" like she's been waiting alllll day for you!  Or when she says "cracker please" which really sounds more like "cacka peeese"?  My sleep deprived, usually cranky, sometimes overwhelmed heart totally melts for her.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I wanted to send you an e-mail. But couldn't find a link to any e-mail. I saw your comment on Blairs blog about the "rest" of the crew. And I can only speak of myself, since I only talk to one other person (and that's BA) from the original "crew". But some people are truly cruel, mean spirited, hateful people. And some people really aren't that way when they really look at themselves. I am not. Being mean and snarky and cruel isn't who I am. The same cant be said for the rest of the people, and I am a consistent target of that cruelty. Trust me when I said that what was said on TB, and in posts on that message board is really nothing compared to how vile some of them really can be. And as far as I have experienced...payback comes back 10 fold.

    Anyhow, I don't expect you to write back, or to really remember me specifically. But you can e-mail me back at charminglychandler@gmail.com. And you can delete this comment if you want. I just wanted to let you know.....

    ReplyDelete