Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tara Norris, student...again

After prayerful consideration and moments of panic I am officially a student again.  Last week I signed up for my first semester of grad school.  And somehow I am not only peaceful, but excited about it!  If you would have asked me 3 months ago if I was ever interested in going back to school for my Masters I would have rolled my eyes and laughed at you.  I simply didn't want to, ever.  It was never my plan.  I was perfectly happy after I graduated with my BSN to never, ever, ever go beyond that.  Then all of a sudden a month and a half ago I decided to do a little research regarding becoming a certified nurse, which I think is a total crock after doing my "research" (but that's for another time) and somehow ended up just peeking at some online schools that offer nursing Masters programs to see what exactly is out there.  Through clicking here and there I found a school that as best I can tell was started as a technology hub from Vanderbilt and only had decent reviews, not "scam" when googled, and the more I read the more interested I became.  Completely online, no tests only weekly papers, no GRE, it just kept getting better.  Plus it had those good reviews unlike some other schools I had found during that search I initially did. 

I prayed for guidance, peace about the decision to go back to school and about the debt we would accrue, and a sign that this is the right move at this time.  Over the next weeks I received all of that reassurance and within a couple weeks was writing admission essays, revamping my resume, and was accepted, I was GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!

Orientation started Monday and classes start officially in 2 weeks.  I'm still excited about it and just want to be done.  I am hoping I can double up classes in the coming semesters so this isn't a full  2 year program, but we'll see how it goes.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with this degree when I am done with it, but that's a bridge yet to cross.  And I know I am in the right place right now, so when that time comes I will be taken care of then as well.  Here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment