Tuesday, April 12, 2011

a little happy post smack in the middle of crazy

Ya'll probably know how crazy life is for my family right now.  As we sit here Phil is in the hospital because the crushed toe led to an infection and his leg is the size of a baby elephant right now. It looks really bad and is pretty scary.  They have him on a thousand antibiotics and he'll be there for at least the next two to three days. 

Obviously spending time there is difficult with Lucy, so I can only go for short periods of time and then I have to leave which makes me feel bad since he's left to fend for himself, though I know he understands.  Plus, trying to get all the necessary gear organized and hanging over me and the stroller for the huge trek from the garage to his room is such an ordeal.  And then the nighttime when Lucy keeps asking where Daddy is=so sad.  It's just super stressful all the way around.

SO, I needed to have a little happy in my life and decided to look through my camera roll. 

Last month we made a trip to Tennessee.  I love it up there and the sun was just setting as we were getting to town.

While we were there Lucy got to play at the Hamilton Place play area, which she loves.  You can pretty much guarantee that no matter the city, we will always be scouting a mall play area for her to play in.  Kinda funny since before I had a child and even for a while after I had her I was so against these germ filled play areas. 
It's been really warm lately so I broke out the plastic play pool one afternoon and painstakingly filled it with warm bath water while Lucy napped so that when she woke up she would have a fun activity and get a little fresh air and sun too.  You should have seen me carrying huge buckets filled with water from the bathroom to the back yard.  I was totally fearful it would burst all over my living room!  Anyway, the next day I got the pool out early and set up the umbrella because it was particularly hot with no clouds and I wanted her to play without me having to worry about her getting burnt!  Plus I had to lay a blanket down in the yard to guard from the dog "germs" and dirt and Momma had to have a sun mat to sit comfortably on too!  When we went outside Lucy said "Lucy's beach!" and had a great time playing and enjoying a popsicle.  It was a perfect day and so much fun for both of us, which I absolutely needed.  If only I had her imagination that the tiny back yard became a beach with just the addition of an umbrella, pool, and beach blanket!
And the other day while I was cleaning out old toys making room for new her Little People dollhouse was not making the cut and slated for the "to-go" list when she all of a sudden grabbed it and it has been her favorite toy ever since. 

I could probably get rid of everything else at this point because she has so much fun playing with it.  She carries her little dolls around and puts them in the door and talks to them.  It's the cutest thing I've ever seen, other than the popsicle enjoyment, and while I watched her playing I realized she is SO BIG!  When did my baby get to be big enough to play with a doll house??  Pretty sure I just brought her home from the hospital last week.  I think my friend was totally right when she said "the days are long, but the years are short".
She always makes me happy, regardless of the crazy all around me.  Thank God for my Lucy!




No comments:

Post a Comment