Monday, December 27, 2010

And just like that I'm back!

I can't believe it's been two years since I blogged.  I have so missed it and now...drumroll please...I'm BACK!  Here's the quickie update since my last escapade in the blog world:  got married, found out 3 months later we were having a baby, experienced intra and post partum depression, and finally welcomed a beautiful baby girl whom screamed all the time.  All. The. Time. But now she's 15 months old and the most amazing person I've ever met and it's taken me this long to breathe and realize I can take a few moments to document all of the crazy and phenomenal moments on a blog, so here we are. 

And let's go ahead and address the title of my blog.  Nearly every blog I read is by a mom or a southern lady, or both and while I laugh at some of the perfection you pass off as your daily lives I keep coming back for more because as southern ladies we would never discuss how your adorable little girl's bow isn't always placed perfectly in her hair, so instead we'll just smile and both know the truth, no matter what you post.  ;)  AND since it takes one to know one, here is my little piece of the the blog world and yet "Another Southern, Mommy Blog."  I'm so excited!

Please join me for the journey!

As an aside, once I get things rolling around here I do plan on addressing the whole intra and post partum depression snafu that ran all over my life while I was trying to be the glowing pregnant lady that I tried to pass myself off as.  I hope that by discussing my experience it won't be such a scary experience for someone else and maybe by seeing what I went through it can take some of the misinformation and mystery away.  Not everyone is "classical" PPD! 

1 comment: